Thursday, June 26, 2014

Tuesday at the Office

On Tuesday I went to lunch with Saj and some of the guys. I chose the Veg meal provider, however I have no recollection what I ate. I know I had bread, and I know I had sambar. I mentioned that I love sambar, and the guys joked that they've had to eat sambar every day of their lives and they no longer love sambar.

(I guess when I was young I would have said the same about grits.)

After lunch we dumped our leftovers into trashcans and handed the dishes through a window to the cleaning staff. Then I was ushered, along with all the men, through a bathroom looking door, into the Handwashing Room.

Whew! It really looked like a door leading into a bathroom, with big sinks beyond, and I couldn't imagine why I was encouraged to go in with the guys. :-D

(While I am known to eat with my hands -- chips, nuts, dry cereal, bread -- the eating of wet foods with hands is still freaking me out a little. The Handwashing Room is a really great use of real estate.)

After lunch we had a team meeting, where Raja formally introduced me to the team and where some awards for valuable contributions were handed out.

And then, Saj and I slipped away, for the first of my Chennai sightseeing tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)