Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hyderabad to Chennai (Part 3)

I was running behind time due to waiting for the stamping at the Domestic Customs desk and being jumped in line by the tented ladies at Security, so I sprinted through the shiny, clean and modern International terminal, searching for my gate. When I found it I noticed with alarm that no AirIndia agents were manning the desk, even though we were only moments from the departure time. "Oh no, have I missed it???"

Then I noticed that the screen above the gate had "Scheduled Time of Departure" in the upper left, and "Expected Time of Departure" in the upper right. (wtf) Are late departures such a normal occurrence that the screen is hard-coded to support it??

At any rate, now I have time to eat. So I got a dosa with coconut chutney and a masala tea while I waited. And I took a stroll through the gift shop, where an oh-too-helpful sales attendant walked through with me, pointing out every item and offering various discounts, today only.

We left on schedule, expected schedule not scheduled schedule, and the flight was uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)