Monday, June 23, 2014

Eating at the Mall

On Friday I shifted to a window office next to Lek, and I learned that the phones only make calls to the US. So I checked in with a couple of folks to let them know I'm ok.

Then my US friend Raj P took me to lunch at the mall.

The InOrbit mall in Hyderabad looks like almost any mall anywhere. We entered through the Hyderabadi version of Walmart and walked through to the interior -- falling prices listed in rupees.

The mall is huge! Four stories of retail heaven, with food courts and bars and restaurants.

We went to Fusion 9 and sat at the expansive windows with a view across a busy thoroughfare of a lake. There were grasses around the lake and water buffalo grazing.

The restaurant was beautiful and the food excellent. Instead of having a buffet line, they offer an option where you order the special -- appetizer, main course, dessert, coffee/tea -- by Veg or Non-Veg -- and it is basically all you care to eat. Raj ordered the Non, I had the Veg.

I had:
  • Fried spinach balls
  • Water chestnuts in sauce
  • Paneer in pepper sauce (Delish!)
  • Spinach, carrot, peas curry (Delish!)
  • Rice
  • Tiramisu (not really, but it was very good!)
We did not shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)