Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hyderabad to Chennai (Part 2)

The flight was considered 'international', though I was a domestic passenger (wtf) -- and so I had to go to international terminal.

I filled out a customs sheet, and followed a line to the customs desk for domestic passengers, which no one was manning. Other domestic international travellers joined me and we stood there, waiting for someone to come, for quite some time actually, and when he did he gave our sheets a cursory glance and performed some heavy handed stamping with blue ink, and waved us on.

The security lines are divided to Male and Female, and the attendants are as well. I dropped my bags onto the belt to be xrayed, and went to the Female line, where there was one person ahead of me. The ladies in the long black dresses moved slowly, but not so slow that they couldn't let other big black dressed ladies jump ahead of me in line. It started with the old ones, and then the young ones got in the game, looking at me through their slits, in my harlot clothes and devil hair, daring me to object.

I sighed and watched the other stuff going on around us. Mainly that the guys in the white sarees had to remove the big leather belts to go through the security check. So they had to gather up and hold their clothes on while they were scanned and patted down.

When I was finally called to be scanned I stood on a box where I was scanned and patted, and left the curtained area to pick up my backpack.

Pepper spray disguised as perfume in my purse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)