Monday, June 30, 2014

At the Sports Bar

We meet up with Raja in a sports bar, where TVs were showing the World Cup, and where I was the only female present, for the entire evening. Not even a female server. Just another scenario in India where I am the only one of my category.   :-)

It was not the typical American sports bar experience. Instead of there being loads of fans sitting together and cheering plays under giant screens and neon beer signs, this place had an Irish pub feel -- very dark lighting with heavy wood furniture and small TVs.

We had excellent food while we were not watching the World Cub. We had little finger snacks, like you would get in a US bar -- and Saj and Raja reminisced about the roasted peanuts in US bars, where you throw the shells onto the floor.

We had shrimp in Madras Masala -- I think that is what it was called -- which was so spicy and so fabulous! (Note to self - bring Madras Masala combination back to my own kitchen!!)

AND. We had boiled peanuts!!!! OMG, I thought only folks in the Southern US ate boiled peanuts!! They were so good! Though very interesting that they were served already shelled. Usually half the fun in eating them is cracking the shells and sometimes sucking out the salty water. Mmm mmm mmm!

And of course, cold beer. Because, what is an evening with Raja, without cold beer?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)