Sunday, June 8, 2014

Arrivals


After a loud and joyful greeting, filled with introductions and hugs all around, we headed down a ramp and out into the sultry night.

The first car was in a close-by parking lot, and we took lots of time positioning the bags, filling the trunk and back seat to bursting. I noticed that some Indian cars have back up signals -- like garbage trucks in the US -- except instead of the generic "beep… beep… beep" we're used to, these cars have pizazz, style.

"Bee dee boop boop dee…. Bee dee boop boop dee".

The scrambled egg wrap still a hot coal in my gut, so I sat on a curb until Mellissa started screaming about a giant bug getting ready to jump on me. Can it be that she's never seen a roach????

Three folks crammed into the front seat of the loaded down car and drove away.

We pushed the cart with the remaining bags to a parking lot a little further away. I noticed folks lounging on the grass in the night… I guess they were waiting for arrivals as they had more of a 'lounging in the grass' look, than a 'living in the grass' look.


We loaded up and took to the highway, heading into town. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)