Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Bad Shopping Experience

The next afternoon the sky grew heavy and in Charlotte it would have been sure to rain. The threatening horizon lasted for hours and I was holding my breath waiting.

It had not cleared by dark when we were leaving the office, and as we drove away it was spitting raindrops. But only just.

We drove quite a ways through rush hour traffic to a nice store where we were sure to find something cool for me to wear to Lax's party on Sunday evening, driving into a very nice area where the houses were large, the walls were tall, and the roads were almost non-existent. Where they was paved road, piles of dirt and debris had been dumped, and we were reduced to one lane most of the way, threading in and out with the oncoming traffic who had also braved the route. We joked the poor road construction was to keep the great unwashed out -- As NB said, "if you don't build it, maybe they won't come. "

While ours was a very nice store, unfortunately everything in Giant Gori Size was colored and shaped as if made for old ladies -- none of the hip looks I'd spotted on the girls at the mall earlier. And while I may be a Giant Gori, and old(-ish) at that, I'm not gonna dress like it! Dammit!! We left without buying, and again braved the gauntlet of the non-road.

(And since when did I become a Giant??! By American current standards I'm almost emaciated!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)