Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bangles and Beer

Sunday night we went to dinner at the Westin in HiTech City, as Lek and NB's friend Ro was in from Delhi.

This is a beautiful upscale hotel that could just as well been set down in San Francisco, Paris, Tokyo. There was a beautiful 'green wall' of live plants as we walked down the stone staircase to the Indian restaurant, Kangan.

The restaurant had a very cool wall where hundreds of bangles hung from wooden dowels.



The service was great. The food was fabulous, I really don't remember everything I ate -- definitely not the names of the dishes -- but I know there was fish and I know there were lady fingers (okra -- which I would never eat in the US). As an appetizer there was a hung cheese (WTF) and herb patty that was lightly fried on each side. I had a coupla Kingfishers. At the end we shared a wonderful dessert tray.



As we were leaving we were treated to a complimentary bangle, which was hand-made while we waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)