Thursday, June 26, 2014

Chennai Day 1

I jacked the AC up to 24C (75F - which is still colder than I keep my house), took a quickie shower and got ready for the office. The driver was waiting for me, and I was due at 2:30 pm.

After getting my laptop tagged for the Chennai office, which entailed more hard copies and ledger books and signatures in tiny boxes, and ensuring my badge works in this location, I turned in my iPhone at the phone window, collected my poker chip for later retrieval, and was given a tour by Saj.

We went first to say hello to Raja G, who had been my mgr before he returned to India. He gave me a big bear hug and we chatted a moment. I saw Biswa, who had been onshore last year for a while, and met some others. Then Saj took me to my office, which was Meeting Room 4.

It was damned cold in Meeting Room 4. And while the office was cold, all the people were very warm! I felt so welcomed and it was great meeting people from the team who I've only emailed or IM-ed with previously.

I set up my machine, and got back to work. This day, I actually had time to complete some pending training. I went downstairs at 5-ish, just to warm up my bones in the heat outside.

And at 7:30-ish just as I was hoping I could head over to a nearby mall alone, for some retail therapy, I had a real work issue that needed attention. So I headed back to the hotel, had a quick bite, and logged in for some more work

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)