Saturday, June 14, 2014

Spending the Night


With all the visiting and racing and eating and drinking, time slipped away and I never ensured my return transport had been arranged. After we were all stuffed with (only half!) the food Pad brought us, it suddenly occurred to me.

Ever the manager, Pad grabbed her phone and called her guy -- her catering business has a cab driver on a monthly retainer -- but he couldn't pick me until 12:30am. Add an hour for driving time across the city, and this would put me getting home at 1:30. I definitely didn't want to wake Lek, NB and Parental Units.

Eventually it was decided that I should just stay.

I sent a text to Lek that I would be a dirty stayout, and went home with Pad, Satish, Geethi and Sai (and Mellissa and Rose).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)