Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The Audacity of Madam Hoof Foot

Sunday NB and I went to a salon. He went for a haircut, I had a blowout and a manicure. I was amazed that we could go for three reasons - first, he had made an appointment and we were almost thirty minutes late arriving. Next, I didn't have an appointment, but Lek was sure I'd get in no probs. Last, it was a hair salon and it was open on Sunday.

The salon was a Brit chain, and could have been anywhere in the world. Hip staff with fun hair and uber fad clothes. Loud music -- EuroTechno, American -- TVs showing fashion shows and hair styles.

The service was great. With my blowout I got a fabulous head massage and a nice blow dry.

My manicure was good as well, though I was sitting next to an Indian lady who was giving the staff what-for! She sent someone out to get Q-tip swabs. She was not happy with the guy who was doing his best to sand her hooves back to foot shapes. She was not happy with the girl doing the manicure. She was constantly on the phone, dialing, answering, not allowing the manicure girl to do her job on her hands.

Then, abruptly Hoof Foot said others in the household need the car, to go to the airport, so she will have to come back at 4pm to complete her services. WTF! The customer service folks from the front desk came to the back, helped her out with her stuff, and she was gone.

(So now, this didn't really qualify as my usual WTF, but just the audacity of Madam Hoof Foot... I've never experienced anything like that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)