Thursday, June 26, 2014

The "I" Factor

I was tired from the travelling and late day at the office, and I just wanted to grab a bag of chips and eat them on the bed wallowing in the crumbs, but I couldn't spot a little store in the hotel. So I went to the most casual of the restaurants for a quick bite.

The service was excellent. Prompt and helpful, but not over bearing. Even this small restaurant (Cappucino??) had an international menu, and there were a few other Westerners about. So I took a chance and ordered spaghetti bolognese.

Yes, yes, I know, I'm in India and I'm ordering Italian. But hey! I've been eating only Indian food for ten days, and I wanted a little variety. And, I spent my vacation last summer trying the spaghetti bolognese in every town in Italy we visited, so I wanted to do a little taste test.

There were two portions available, and I tried to order the half size, but the waiter wouldn't allow it. "No madam, it is verrry small, verrry small." So, I relented.

In keeping with the Sheraton reputation, the food was excellent -- very tasty, and authentic. The spaghetti was al dente, just as I knew it should be.

And I only ate about 2 thirds of the full portion, as I knew I would.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)