Saturday, June 14, 2014

Coconut Chutney

When we got up Satish was back, watching television on a non-English channel. Which language, I have no clue, but he kept me up on the story lines as he did his morning stretches from the floor. The shows were melodramatic, the acting over the top, and I could figure out the emotions on my own.

One quick show was a story of the gods -- not sure which but he was counseling a guy in a chariot to do the right thing. Next there were a succession of shows similar to US soap operas -- it was easy to tell which was the trouble-making female by the smirk on her face as she stirred the pot. Another was obviously two different girls after the same saintly guy, while he calms a bucking horse and falls for a third.

Pad, Mellissa, Jasmine and I had a large brekkie at Chutney's before Pad's guy drove me back to HiTech City.

Again we had the stuffed dosas, and this time we added steamed dosas. True to the name, Chutney's had a large selection of chutneys to choose-- sweet or savory. I fell in love with steamed dosa with coconut chutney. OMG, the coconut chutney!

I'll be learning to make these!

Fotos for the Foodies:

Sweet Chutneys
Warm water and lime to clean the fingers
Idly
Jasmine with her dosa

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)