Thursday, June 12, 2014

Lazy Sunday

The party only lasted about two hours -- I missed watching it because we were eating great Bengali food -- and the break down began immediately. When I got up about 7am on Sunday, the reception was barely a memory, the last few stacks of chairs being loaded and carted away.

The skies were overcast and pregnant with moisture, where you can almost feel the clouds touching your head, but it never rained. It stayed this way all day. This is what is called waiting for monsoon.

We had our morning tea with biscuits, and I had some Danone yogurt I bought at the supermarket. A new cricket match was under way. The water buffalo had magically appeared at the pond -- I never see them arrive or leave.

And a set up is underway for a new party.

It was a lazy day of naps, cooking shows, tea, and waiting for monsoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)