Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Between Breakfast and Lunch


The struggle for connectivity continued -- Yesh spent time reaching out to help desks about his phone and his dongle. His clients back in the US were waiting for his assistance. And all around him in the air conditioned bedroom the party continued.

We learned that the driver who was thought to come to pick me was out of pocket, so Lax's family had a discussion and made other plans for me to travel to Lek's.I just listened, and trusted they knew best.

Somehow the conversation turned to ayurveda and massage, and Pad was excited to know how much I loved massages. So she got on the phone and scheduled her own masseuse to come to the house for me. That day. That very afternoon. For less than $10!!

Presently wonderful smells filled the house and it was time again to eat. I was shepherded into the dining room with Lax, where we had wonderful food…. Cannot remember now what, but I know that Pad was mothering, making sure I had the best morsels. She was standing over and bustling around and adding food to my plate, but she would not sit. "No, no, I will eat presently."

Only at the very end did it hit me that Lax and I were the only females amongst a crowd of men. Though there were many females in the house, but none were eating. After the men left the table, only then did the women of the house sit for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)