Monday, June 23, 2014

Second Day

TH morning is wonderful, we step outside at 11am and it feels like 75 degrees with low humidity. Almost perfect.

NB called to the caf and had some water bottles sent to my temp office. The guy delivering them called me "madam", and asked if I wanted coffee or tea brought to me -- at no charge. Took my order and was back in a snap. Bytes and Starbucks really need to take a lesson.

I got caught up on emails and learned that my US team had tied up the issue from yesterday while I had been sleeping last night. Thanks Shelia, Prakash, Johnson, Craig, et al. This is how global teamwork is supposed to work!

I was able to complete 80% of a deliverable that was coming due, and we headed home at 8-ish.

There was an 'Audio Release' party happening by the pool this evening. Lek's building is owned by a movie star turned politician, and oftentimes local / regional TV, music and movie industries hold functions in the lawn and banquet areas. The singing and dancing was first rate, but by the time I grabbed by camera and hopped the elevator the performers were done. Temps and humidity were terrific again tonight so I stood around enjoying the air for a while.

And then headed to bed.

(Today on the way to the office was the first time I saw Wet Butt Syndrome -- as referenced by the links in this earlier post on toilets.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)