Sunday, March 30, 2014

Vaccinations

Flight booked and paid for? Check.

Visa application submitted and FedEx-ed? Check. 

Next on my list of preparations: Vaccinations. 

I wasn't really 100% sure I needed vaccinations. This was just one of the wives tales from the 50's and 60's I operated under. So I turned as usual to my friend, Google.

Does an American need vaccinations before travelling to India 

And right there, fourth link down, the CDC -- so I followed it.

Where I learned that I needed to get a Hep A vaccine, regardless where I'm staying in India. I should get a Hep B vaccine if I think I'll get a tattoo while in India, or experience the pleasures of an exotic new sex partner. I should consider getting inoculated against Japanese encephalitis and Yellow fever. And, I should consider getting a Rabies vaccine.

I logged online to my doctor's appointment site, pasted in a cleaned up listing of the CDC recommendations, and sent off my request for an appointment at the earliest convenience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)