Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Booking the Flights

During the interim between when I was first invited to travel along with Lax, and when I gave my "yes, final answer", her husband and daughters had decided to come along as well.

Lax had always painted her husband's trip planning prowess as Type A Extraordinaire -- a categorization of how I like to plan trips -- so I knew that YL's flight charting would be beautifully balanced for convenience of departure, shortness of layovers (no 22 hour sit-ins for our travel walla!), reliability of airline, and price. He was spending a good deal of time tracking and reviewing the worldwide options.

And now his talents also need to be speedy - because my Visa application is in limbo-land waiting for those dates!

We chatted by email, I gave confirmation I was coming, really coming, really really coming, and sent over info I thought might be needed in booking my ticket - full name, passport number, DOB, etc. I set a limit on how much I was willing to spend on the flight, and we agreed that I would transfer the funds to his account after we received confirmation on the tickets.

And then I waited. And waited…. And waited. 

At least that's what it felt like…. Though it was really less than 24 hours. Made moreso because YL was sending his terrific news of successfully booking the flights to an email I can't check from the office.

So now I can get back to completing page 3 of 4!! And get this Visa application sent off to the Embassy!

(And only later did I realize that, like a doof, somehow in my excitement-terror of doing something kinda, sorta, almost spontaneous, it totally slipped my mind that I should put this flight on my points card! I can only imagine how many free trips to NYC I could have gotten out of this round trip to India!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)