Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Visa and OCD

I chose an expeditor that has an office in Charlotte. I figured it would be much easier just to take a couple of hours off from work, head over to their SouthPark office, do my hula hoops or pogo stick or whatever worthiness exercise was required, and then head back to work. So much less hassle than having to throw discus in Atlanta or DC.

Once chosen, I spent a lot of time going through their instructions about how to fill out the application. This was especially difficult because I was constantly making mental notes -- it would have been much more efficient X way, ABC choice of words could be confusing. Truth be known it is a complex process -- but probably more complicated for me as a person whose job requires asking "Exactly what does 'yes' mean, in this context?".

I spent a lot of time taking notes. "Do not list your social security number, your driver's license number, phone numbers required will be full phone numbers with area code", yada yada.Once I felt confident I understood the instructions and the fee structure, I started the application.

Only to be stopped almost immediately. "Please scan in your 2 Inch by 2 Inch passport photo." Wha-? I figured out that I could attach a hardcopy photo to the app when I mailed it in, and thus saved, I moved on. To the next hard stop.

"What are your days of travel?"

OMG, I have no clue. We've talked about this in vague terms - June… three weeks in June… beginning of June to end of June…. But we've never talked actual dates….. I mean, who knew I would have to have actual dates... and to have actual dates I have to have an actual flight!

And we've never, EVER talked actual flights!

And I have to get the travel dates nailed down before I can move on to page 3 of 4 of the Visa application - omg omg I'm already getting behind! And I have to coordinate this with someone else! I'm not totally IN CHARGE!!! 

And my OCD rears its ugly head and gets ready to party!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)