Saturday, March 29, 2014

Visa! Visa!

Upon receipt of the phone number I was able to quickly fill out my information through page 4, and finish the Visa application. After checking and rechecking the data I had entered to ensure validity, integrity, and completeness, I hit the button to submit and felt a moment of sheer elation.

A fleeting moment of elation, because only then did I comprehend that the Visa journey had multiple phases. Once again, using my aspberg-esque powers of concentration and focus, I worked step by step through the intricate process, printing the appropriate number of copies, signing the right spots, keeping certain copies for my records, including my passport and 2 inch by 2 inch photos in the packet, filling out and printing the prepaid FedEx shipping label. It was grueling and took hours to package this all up so that it would pass muster when reviewed by the Visa minions.

And then, I drove down to my neighborhood FedEx store on a Saturday afternoon, slid it all into a flat envelope, sealed it up, and sent it to my expeditor in DC.

And, I waited.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)