Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Travel Insurance

I always get travel insurance – never yet had to actually USE the policy, but it just feels safer having it. Usually I get my policy through a travel agent, but since YL handled the flights I decided I’d ask my friend Google.

I have to admit, I was drawn to SquareMouth by the big purple link line “13,000 Reviews - Compare and Buy”. I love to read reviews. And I can’t resist the opportunity to compare and buy.

The website was a pleasure from a user’s perspective. It has an easy to follow menu above the horizontal artwork. Beneath the artwork in subtle-yet-noticeable boxes are stats – reviews, products, sales, ratings, etc. The body has a lot of white space surrounding a lot of information, and doesn’t feel cluttered or overwhelming due to the use of low noise fonts and colors. The Zero Complaint Guarantee is an easy to spot element. And if you don’t like booking online, the 24 x 7 800-number jumps to your attention.

I started a practice quote, just to poke through the site. India, travel dates, estimated cost of trip…

“Should this quote include trip cancellation coverage?” Why yes, in our current corporate environment I would say definitely.

Citizenship, residency, age, etc.
Quote Now!

I was presented with 50-ish policy options in a large range of price points and coverage from a dozen different insurance carriers. The summary page was again filled with information but was lite and not overwhelming, and included coverage values for Cancellation, Interruption, Medical Evacuation, Medical, Medical Secondary for each of the 50 policies. I could link into pages of current reviews with comments, for each policy. And I could click, click, click and compare policy details side by side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)