Tuesday, April 1, 2014

T.I. 2

From the single Details page, or the Compare page, you can link into legal definitions of certain words used in the policy details: “Cancel For Work Reasons”, “Emergency Evacuation & Repatriation”, “Trip Interruption”. Did you know that some travel insurance includes “Terrorism” coverage???

It’s really important to click these links, to understand how your understanding of words may differ from the insurance definition of those words – meaning is your concept of “Employment Layoff” the same as theirs. You will learn from reading the reviews that coverage is typically paid to the letter of the policy – so you want to be very familiar with the definitions in the policies you are considering – and choose a policy that has the amount and type of coverage you are actually hoping for and feel you need.

I cancelled out of the practice quote and revisited my friend Google, where I looked for reviews of SquareMouth itself. My research indicated that the company has a good reputation and stands by their Zero Complaint Guarantee.

The only complaints I found – that I also found credible – were about the actual insurance carriers and not about SquareMouth. I noted down the most heinous offenders as those were definitely off my list.

My next act was to start a real quote. Since my trip is not a package dealio but piecemeal, I guestimated the estimated cost. I went through the exercise of comparing policies multiple times until I narrowed it down to one.

And I bought. Online. Like the beast that I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)