Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Here Comes the Sun!

Since I am traveling to India during the brutal and unforgiving Summer season, I need to prepare myself for the weather.

As hope springs eternal, I am packing my very lightweight Gore-tex raincoat, in case the Monsoon 1) comes early; 2) comes to Hyderabad at all.

As "A Peach" (as my little friend Rose would call me), otherwise known as the whitest non-Albino girl ever born in the history of the world, I need to shield my Pepto Bismol-colored skin and lightly furred scalp from the burning sun as best as I can -- lest I subject myself to intense pain and risk of melanoma, and subject my hosts to giant unsightly blisters oozing onto their high thread count linens.

I love wearing hats as a way to add that je ne sai quoi, and was excited to discover 50 UPF hats (which means that 97.5+% of UV rays are blocked), and ended up with this sweet crushable, packable number.

I've also taken up about 10% of my allowed luggage weight with 50 SPF sunscreen of all thicknesses, densities, and scents.

I think I'm ready on this front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)