Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Back from the Edge

I'm back, Faithful Reader, after a period of paralysis. Deer in the headlights paralysis…. 'Possum looking at you from the heating vent paralysis… Mr Frump in the iron lung paralysis. Paralysis on so many levels and from so many corners…

But let's get caught up from where I left you, before we examine my fears and specters.

  • I went to the doctor, where together we reviewed the CDC website and decided what vaccines and medicines I would need. The vaccines required multiple visits to the lab, and caused very sore shoulder movement. But I'm now fully prepared! I can drink water from a village elephant's trunk if that is required!
  • I received my Passport / Visa exactly eleven days after I sent it off -- sooner than the 14 I'd been promised and much sooner than the 21 I'd expected. I can now legally enter and leave the country without fear. Using an expeditor is definitely the way to go!
  • My trip insurance purchase was a breeze. After I'd done all the online research and comparison, I bought online. The website was quick and easy. I was emailed a PDF of my policy and my insurance card. I'm all set with trip cancellation and medical evacuation. 
  • I've started putting together 'My Book'. Everywhere I travel I compile a binder with my itinerary; photo copies of my reservations, passport, visa, etc.; emergency numbers; US Consulate info; shopping lists and sizes; color swatches; research into the airports where I have layovers and public transportation to / from said airport; tips from friends, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'll post this comment after I have a chance to check your spelling. :-)